Thursday, July 16, 2009

Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society

The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society by Mary Ann Shaffer


My rating: 5 of 5 stars
Well I was pleasantly surprised at how much I loved this book. If I didn't have so many other books to read right now I'd have just picked it up again and start reading.



I loved that is was told through letters. It made it more interesting getting so many perspectives. I also enjoyed the fact that it was based on history and yet didn't paint things in black and white, good and bad. Almost everyone was gray-they seemed so real and it was hard not to fall in love with their society. I also enjoyed the questions in the back that helped our club along in discussion.



Highly recommend this charming story.


View all my reviews >>

No comments:

Post a Comment