Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Awaken Me Darkly

Awaken Me Darkly (Alien Huntress, #1) Awaken Me Darkly by Gena Showalter


My review


rating: 5 of 5 stars
This book was told in the first person. I like that, especially when you're dealing with a character who is so set in her ways, it was really interesting to feel like you were her but also be able to observe her actions as a third person. The character was interesting to me on the simple fact that she shared my friends name: Mia. Yet she is nothing like my friend...or at least I didn't see a connection. This story takes place in the future, when humans and aliens both share earth. Mia is a huntress who hates aliens after they killed her brothers. She has such a black and white personality in the beginning that I enjoyed observing her character develop and learn that things really aren't all black and white - there are gray areas and it's not always shoot first and question later. I loved the spunk and determination of this character and I only hope that if I were in her situation, I'd be able to kick some alien ass my self.



Personally, I normally shy away from stories about aliens, but this one was definitely told in a way that didn't bother me at all. One thing, the title of this book really makes it seem like it's darker than it actually is.


View all my reviews.

No comments:

Post a Comment