Friday, July 9, 2010

The Choice

The ChoiceThe Choice by Nicholas Sparks

My rating: 2 of 5 stars


Well, thanks to my sister I read this book, because otherwise I'd never have touched it since it's written by Nicholas Sparks and anyone who knows me knows that his stories take me beyond the point of emotional.

That being said, this book definitely opens your eyes about how short life is. However, in my life lately this reminder has been continually thrown in my face so I've not been a stranger to it.

I felt the book really didn't pick up til Part II. The whole Part I was dedicated to the two characters life as they met, fell in love, and made their choices in life from Both POV's. I really didn't start caring for Gabby until Part II.The POV's seemed to changed right in the middle of the chapter's paragraphs. Part II is where you only get one POV and I really started to feel for the characters. True to Sparks nature, he brings your emotions right there for all to see.

All in all, I'm glad I read it. Definitely showed me that Sparks can write somewhat of a good ending. Wouldn't say I'd read another of his but for now I'm content.

View all my reviews >>

No comments:

Post a Comment