Saturday, August 14, 2010

Acheron

Acheron (Dark-Hunter, #16)Acheron by Sherrilyn Kenyon

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


My oh MY!!



I guess it's harder for me to appreciate Acheron's story only because his was the second Sherrilyn Kenyon book I've been exposed to. So far, I have only listened to her story's, never read them. This one may have been easier to take reading since it is so BRUTAL in the beginning...but I still found it fascinating.



I gave this book 4 stars because it was just so brutal. I mean it was hours of listening to him being beaten, tortured, abused, killed. I mean, anything possibly horrible that could happen to a person/immortal happened to him.



I can't even imagine, living for 10,000 years and EVER forgiving anyone from his past, but Acheron does and I admire him for that. I have to say thought, the story became much more interesting when Tori came into the picture. She is perfect for Ach. There were so many times I wanted to jump up and cheer for her and how she handled herself. Mostly because I don't think I could ever do what she does, but then again, for love...maybe I could too.



Even so, I wouldn't say this was an "enjoyable" read, but was definitely interesting from start to finish. I even find myself wondering how Acheron is doing today as if he's a real character in the world.



View all my reviews »

No comments:

Post a Comment